Motivated, enthusiastic professional seeking an opportunity as an academia professor to provide students with outstanding dynamic teaching, covering a range of subjects such as: design, fine art, photography, art history, art theory, and aesthetics.
Adobe Creative Suite 2018: Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Professional, and InDesign; QuarkXpress; Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; basic knowledge of sound editing and video editing.
Proficient in English and Portuguese; Fluent in Spanish; some knowledge of Italian and French.
Owner/Founder/Self-Employed | July 2019 — Present
American B Graphics LLC, DBA: www.RicardoFonseca.com, NJ
Freelance Designer/Visual Problem-Solver | March 2001 — Present
Adjunct Professor | September 2019 — Present
New Jersey City University, Jersey City, NJ
• Teaches Advertising Design class
Graphic/Web Designer, Photographer | September 2003 — January 2019
Kean University, Union, NJ
• Collaborates with the graphics team to produce the bi-annual University magazine
• Works with all University colleges/schools to create design materials tailored to the different programs offered
• Creates and produces brochures, catalogs, viewbooks, newsletters, invites, cards, business cards, signage, posters, etc.
• Maintains and updates the University’s website
• Provides on-campus and off-campus photography coverage for University events
• Designs print ads for newspapers and magazines, and digital ads for social media platforms
• Trained and mentored junior staff and student interns
• Assists with in-house production of printing and mounting posters, signs, and banners
• Designed graphics for trade shows and movable transportation, such as NJ Transit bus/train wraps
• Represented the University for eleven years at the New Jersey Education Association (NJEA) annual teacher’s conference in
Atlantic City, NJ
Graphic Designer | November 2002 — August 2003
NEMA Design, Newark, NJ
• Designed and produced advertising materials for clients
• Created window signage, banners, posters, business cards, etc.
• Designed package illustrations according to client’s needs and specifications
New Jersey City University, Jersey City, NJ | Graduated August 2016
Master of Fine Arts (M.F.A.) - Concentration in graphic design, photography, and installation
William Paterson University, Wayne, NJ | Graduated August 2001
Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) - Major in art; concentration in graphic/web design
Guest lecturered at several Preparation of Art for Print classes at New Jersey City University, Jersey City, NJ. (2004-2005).
• Chair of Exhibitions and Events Committee, We Are You Project (WAYP):
• Member of the Neo-Latino Artists Collective:
• Member of College Art Association (CAA)
• 2012 Art Directors Club of New Jersey (ADCNJ) Bronze Award — Nathan Weiss Graduate College viewbook design
• 2011 Art Directors Club of New Jersey (ADCNJ) Bronze Award — Faces of Kean permanent photo-mural installation
• 2010 Art Directors Club of New Jersey (ADCNJ) Silver Award — Kean University gala invitation design
• Pune Biennale 2017 — Moving Art Spaces: Migration, Pune, India (Jan. 5, 2017 -Jan. 29, 2017) - Group Show Collaboration
• Neo-Latino: Critical Mass, Monmouth Museum, Lincroft, NJ (Sept. 16 – Nov. 6, 2016) - Group Show Collaboration
• We Are You Project (WAYP), Galleries of Contemporary Art, University of Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs, CO (Sept. 5 - Oct. 11,
2014) - Group Show Collaboration
Complete list of all exhibitions available upon request or reference my Exhibitions webpage.
Designed the Open Sky Museum’s We Are You Project Poetry Anthology book and book cover, and has photography and artwork featured in the book. Saline, MI: McNaughton & Gunn, 2016.
• NJ Discovery Live TV — Oct. 17, 2016 - Neo-Latino Artists Come To NJ Discovery Live TV (segment starts at 33:14):
• ABC7 Tiempo with host Joe Torres — Sept. 22, 2015 - Invited to represent Kean University, both as an artist of the
We Are You Project, and an employee of Kean University: www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwkfCbf6528
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahamas Islands, Brazil, Canada, England, France, Germany, Iceland, India, Italy, Jamaica, Mexico, New Zealand, Paraguay, Portugal, Singapore, South Korea, Spain and Switzerland.
Reading, painting, drawing, restoring antiques, museums, galleries, hiking, photography, traveling.
Available upon request.
PDF version of résumé: